Omnistream is a Series A SaaS technology start-up which provides retailers with data-empowered retail solutions. Omnistream leverages machine learning & optimization techniques to generate consumer-centric, store-level assortment and planogram solutions for retailers.
Today, we are a global business with our retail-technology solution used by global, regional and independently-owned retailers operating in Asia, Europe and North America, across 8500+ stores. We count retail customers in Supermarkets & Convenience, Health & Beauty pharmacies, as well as Food & Grocery Delivery companies.
We are headquartered in Singapore with a new office in Sydney. Our multi-national team works across the globe to serve our clients. Are you a tech or retail talent looking for career growth? Are you motivated to be part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups at a very exciting stage? Here is your chance to lead tech-enabled transformation and play an integral role in achieving our company’s global expansion plans without all the politics.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for establishing and managing all financial controls and processes. They will be in charge of making sure all information is accurate, timely, complete, and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles.
They will provide insight into financial results, support, and guidance to leaders making critical strategic and operational decisions.
The role requires a hands-on approach with specific responsibilities for cash flow management, board reporting, company accounting, accounts payable, and fundraising.
Given the nature of the role, we would expect you to work closely with the local teams, but the role also lends itself to flexible working arrangements.
This role will be based out of Singapore and will manage both Singaporean and Australian finances.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of ensuring a high-quality finance function to support the future growth of the business
- Establish and monitor all financial controls and processes
- Ensure accurate and timely management reporting to venture partners
- Oversight of all finance, payroll, and accounting-related activities of the business
- Strategic financial planning and forecasting
- Create monthly management reports
- Preparing, presenting and monitoring budgets and performance
- Set up and monitor compliance calendar
- Administration of ESOP
- Scrutinize and approve business expenditures; ensure timely payment of all obligations
- Monitor cash flow and list financial controls to manage accurate cash flow
- Oversee employee compensation and oversee outsourced payroll function
- Establish and monitor company performance and mitigate risk of theft and fraud
- Remain abreast of opportunities for government support and tax incentives
- Manage statutory audit requirements with external auditors
- Preparation of fundraising and due diligence documents
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance
- CPA or ACA qualification
- Track record of successful process improvement initiatives
- Experience in developing analytics including profitability analysis
- Experience in a Saas or professional services environment will be highly regarded
- Experience in Series B+ fundraising
- 5-6 years of financial accounting and financial control experience
- Ability to organise and control accounting systems
- Leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skillsVery high attention to detail
What we value
- Customer centricity – we have to have empathy for our customers and their unique operating environments
- Growth mindset and go getter attitude – we are a startup!
- Intellectual honesty and the ability to think from first principles.
If you want to be a part of our growth story, we’d love to hear from you!